SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) have gained augmented attention in India in recent times. Considering their explicit worth, this is often actually strategic to the economy and thus, for the nation. As a result, the Government of India has eased the way of acquiring SME loan.
SMEs play a significant role in creating employment. Noticeably, 4.88 crore SMEs within the country give employment to 11 crore individuals. SMEs especially within the producing sector alone turn out quite 6000 merchandise and contribute 7.7% of the GDP of the country. Similarly, SMEs within the services sector contribute 27% of the country’s GDP.
Furthermore, SMEs face several difficulties to cope up with everyday life situations in this cutthroat race amongst numerous industries. In brief, due to the harsh nature of the market and shopper redemption, SMEs face numerous obstacles in running their businesses without much hassle. As a result, they even go short on their fundings, and therefore, notice it exhausting to even pay to their listed staff, managing infrastructures, squirt debts, etc. Thus, it brings into the picture the need for SME loans.
What are the Obstacles in Accessing SME Loans
Major challenges in accessing finance as reported by enterprises in their early phases include:
- The problem in supplying security or even a guarantee
- Processing time of applications
- Accordingly, not enough understanding of available schemes
- Procedural issues regarding purchases
- A common myth regarding high service charges for loans scares many entrepreneurs
- Trouble in doing completing paperwork
- To help the flourishing entrepreneurs across the SME sectors strengthen their business and their economy, the Government of India has launched numerous loan tactics.
The ascending entrepreneurs of the SME domains in the form of a loan can apply via any of the below-mentioned schemes to acquire funding easily:
Mudra Yojana: Endorsed by the Micro-Units Production and Refinance Service Institution, the plan of MUDRA lending products is inaugurated by the Government of India and guarantees financing assistance to micro-business.
Most reputed lenders across India provide the services of the MUDRA scheme.
An amount of as much as ₹50,000 is available under Sishu financing.
Tarun Credit Yojana sanctions amount between ₹50,000 and ₹5,00,000, whereas Kishor Credit Yojana provides amounts between ₹5,00,000 and ₹10,00,000 through mortgages severally.
All businesses and organizations appropriate to partnership steady, public group, private Ltd., etc are worthy of receiving funding assistance under this pyramid.
Stand-Up India: Introduced by the Indian government to facilitate certain financial loans for businesses operated by SCs, STs, and women entrepreneurs, the Stand-Up India scheme provides funding anywhere between ₹10 lakh to ₹1 crore.
Financial loans under the Stand-Up India scheme are provided by virtually every lender in India.
The fund is anticipated to cover about 75% of the cost associated with the general project as per this loan.
At least 51% of the stocks should be apprehended by an individual who is often a lady or should belong to the SC or ST community.
Make In India Fund: This scheme allows SMEs to apply for loans up to ₹10 lakh to ₹25 lakh.
As a rule, SIDBI requires that promoters contribute a minimum of 15%, including assets above the first charge, and provide personal guarantees to ensure they can extend the loan.
CGTSME: SMEs can get collateral-free, fund-based, or non-fund-based SME loans of up to ₹200 lakh from lending institutions.
In exchange for financial assistance, CGTMSE will pay a guarantee fee to the lender. This fee can be anywhere from 75 to 85% of the loan amount.
What are the Eligibility Requirements to Avail SME Loan in India
- To avail SME loan, meeting the following minimum criteria is required.
- Should be an existing business for at least 5 years in the same locality/area
- Required to be the legal holder of the business premises or must have a tenant’s agreement
- Must have a current account in any nationalized or in a private lending institution for a minimum duration of 3 years
- Should produce trade license and ITR certificate of past 3 fiscal years.
- Hence, to give a boost to an already existing slow-paced business,
Can be of significant assistance. Besides, the structure is designed keeping in mind the various needs of different businesses operating across industries of varying caliber.
Also read about:
Advance your career in the field of networking
Top 5 Linux Certifications to check out in 2021
Streamline Your Business with Bespoke Software Development